The big game means four things: football, food, commercials and beer. We understand that pleasing the crowd with fun recipes can be a daunting task. That’s why we’re here to help. We compiled some recipes from GoGoGourmet that sound amazing for the big game!
Spicy Jalapeno Spinach Cheese Dip
Dip is a perfect way to feed a large crowd. You will not be let down by this creamy, cheesy dip, it will be a crowd pleaser!
- 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz block pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 10 oz frozen leaf spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeños, 1 sliced and 1 seeded, cut in half lengthwise and then sliced crossways
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- Tortilla chips, for serving.
- Preheat an oven to 350F.
- Mix together the cheeses, spinach, onion and seeded, chopped jalapeno until well-combined.
- Bake in small oven safe skillet or dish (I used 2 6″ cast iron skillets) for 25 minutes, or until melted and golden brown on top. Top with some chopped tomatoes and sliced jalapeno rounds. Serve with tortilla chips.
Chili Cheese Potato Skins
Any finger food that is grab and go is perfect for a group! And how cute and festive are these potato skins decorated to look like footballs?
- 6-7 potatoes, baked
- 1-14 oz. can chili
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Scoop the insides of the potatoes out. Lay on a baking sheet covered with foil (for easy cleanup).
- Spread 1-2 tsp cream cheese into the bottom of each potato well.
- Spoon chili into each potato, dividing evenly among potatoes. Top evenly with shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, until chili is hot and cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Top with sour cream, if desired.
Buffalo Chicken Chili
Ask anyone what they think of when you say “football food,” and buffalo chicken dip will for sure be an answer. This spin on a staple appetizer will win over all of your friends.
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 T smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- crumbed blue cheese
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add ground chicken and break up with wooden spoon or other utensil.
- Add carrots celery and onion, sauté until beginning to soften. Stir in paprika and bay leaf; season with salt and pepper.
- Slowly add in chicken stock and hot sauce, followed by tomato sauce and tomatoes. Stir together and allow to simmer uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes until flavors have come together and soup has cooked down slightly.
- Serve topped with crumbled blue cheese.
Shop at Steeple Market
Let Steeple Market take the party hosting stress off of you! We have amazing, fresh ingredients for these yummy appetizers! If you’ve run out of time to prepare, we have to-go food everyday that would be the perfect centerpiece at your Super Bowl Party. We hope you enjoy these and hope your team wins!
Oh, and have you been to our beer cave? With tons of amazing craft beers, locals brews, and national favorites we’ve got everything you need to make this happen.