It’s definitely easy to get stuck in a food rut and run out of ideas for dinner. But when temperatures drop, a nice warm meal at the end of the day is synonymous with comfort. Here’s a few simple winter recipes that can reinvent what dinner means for you this season! Steeple Market can provide you with the fresh ingredients for a yummy meal. Thanks to Delish for compiling some delicious, simple recipes!
Toasted Ravioli Recipe
Italian food is a staple in most homes. Try out this amazing recipe to put a twist on an Italian classic!
2 large eggs
1/2 c. milk
1 c. Italian bread crumbs
1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Freshly ground black pepper
1 lb. frozen ravioli
Marinara, warmed (for serving)
Vegetable oil, for frying
Marinara, sauce for serving
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment. In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Working one at a time, dip ravioli in egg mixture then in bread crumbs, pressing to coat. Place on prepared baking sheet. Freeze until solid, 30 minutes.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat 2” oil until shimmering (about 365°). Working in batches, fry ravioli until golden and pasta is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes, flipping as necessary. Place on a paper towel lined plate and immediately sprinkle with more Parmesan.
- Serve warm with marinara for dipping.
Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
You don’t need to go out to get restaurant quality meals! This recipe is simple, delicious and warm! We can’t think of a better way to end a chilly day.
FOR THE SOUP
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 tsp. dried oregano
Freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 c. low-sodium chicken broth
4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 sprigs thyme
1 c. heavy cream
Freshly chopped parsley, for serving
FOR THE DUMPLINGS
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 large egg
2/3 c. buttermilk
2 tbsp. melted butter
- Make soup: In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook until tender, 5 minutes. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add broth, chicken, and thyme to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 10 minutes. Remove chicken and shred with two forks.
- While soup is simmering, make dumplings: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the flour and add egg, buttermilk, and melted butter and whisk with a fork until combined.
- Add shredded chicken and heavy cream to pot, then return to a simmer. Drop spoonful’s of dumpling mix into pot, cover and cook on low until dumplings are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
Visit us at Steeple Market
We’d love to see how your recipes turned out! Visit Steeple Market for your ingredients, and chat with us if you have trouble finding anything. If you’re still struggling to come up with some dinner ideas, we have to-go food every day that will satisfy your cravings for a home cooked meal.